Exploring Legaspi Village, Makati

Being out and about around town was a usual scenario for me before. Of course, with COVID-19, going out became a once or twice a month instead for me. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to meet a few friends for a bit in Makati and I took that opportunity to explore what the city had to offer aside from the malls, particularly Legaspi Village. 

Washington Sycip Park 

This park has been around for years. It was renovated a few years ago and re-opened to the public in late 2017. The redevelopment of Washington Sycip is part of Makati Commercial Estate Association's (MaCEA) commitment to greening projects in Makati. 



Before meeting our other friends for lunch, my friend, Mai and I dropped by the park for a little OOTD. It's a really nice park to take photos in. Also it's the closest thing to nature in the city. Being around green and open spaces these days make me happier. 


 
Walk around to the inner part of Washington Sycip and you'll find some featured sculptures by Impy Pilapil. Needing some words of wisdom and motivation? You'll also find some in this park from business icon, Washington SyCip, the person who the park was named after. 



Even when the park is filled with people working out, there's still some part in Washington Sycip that you can go to for some peace and quiet. This spot looks like a nice place to read and drink iced coffee at. 



Washington Sycip park has a lot of trees such as Narra, Mahogany and Acacia!


Lunch at Monowine Cafe

There are a lot of nice restaurants in Legaspi Village. If you want to avoid the crowd at the mall or simply looking for some place new to eat at, check out this restaurant we had lunch at, Monowine Cafe. 

Creamy chicken and mushroom pasta


Burnt Basque Cheesecake

 
Food was delicious. Our favorite though would be the dessert pictured above. My foodie friend, Ryan, said it was absolutely good! Actually, Mai and I demolished our shared cheesecake in no time at all. 



Monowine Cafe has an alfresco area. We initially intended to eat alfresco but it was just too hot outside. We opted to dine in instead and we had the place to ourselves. Couldn't resist taking a photo with their wine display in the background. It's just so nice! 

Monowine Cafe is located at Perea st., Legaspi Village, Makati. If you're bringing a car, you can opt to park in the street or park at Greenbelt area. It's walking distance from the mall. 
  

So that's my quick weekend trip out. I'd definitely want to explore more of Makati City. The city just has so many to offer! 

2 comments

  1. My workplace is located near Ayala Triangle, and I remember when I used to commute to work, I would take the opportunity to walk around just to explore the city. I did get to walk around Washington Sycip park a few times! I miss those days; I'm not sure when would be the next time I would find myself in Makati.. I've been working from home ever since lockdown happened. It's really lovely that you got to spend time and dine with your friends :) thank you for sharing with us!

    Anna Jo | www.helloannajo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place to visit, you have some really lovely photos. I haven't ever been here before. The cheesecake and pasta looks really good, thanks for sharing your experience! Em x

    ReplyDelete